Markets-Economic Times Share Market Today | Share Market Live updates: Get all the Latest Share Market News and Updates on The Economic Times. Share Market Live Charts, News, Analysis, IPO News and more.
- Ratings on all Adani Group entities under ‘continuous surveillance’: CRISILon February 2, 2023 at 5:27 pm
Currently, the rating agency has assigned ratings to 23 infrastructure and financial sector-linked entities of the Adani Group
- Shell profit more than doubles to record $40 bn; co boosts dividend by 15%on February 2, 2023 at 5:16 pm
The British company’s record earnings, which more than doubled from a year earlier and is its highest in 15yrs, mirror those reported by US rivals earlier this week
- Ahead of Market: 10 things that will decide D-St action on Fridayon February 2, 2023 at 4:42 pm
European shares climbed on Thursday, led by technology and real-estate stocks, with focus squarely on the European Central Bank’s interest rate decision a day after the Federal Reserve acknowledged its progress on curbing stubborn price pressures.
- Stock Radar: Buy LTIMindTree for a target of Rs 4800: Vaishali Parekhon February 2, 2023 at 4:30 pm
- Ambuja Cement, ACC say no shares pledged by promoter Adani groupon February 2, 2023 at 4:25 pm
We would like to clarify that none of the shares of Ambuja or ACC has been pledged by Promoters. The Promoters have only provided a non-disposal undertaking and accordingly, there is no requirement of providing any top-up of shares of Ambuja and ACC or cash top-up under the acquisition financing raised last year
- ECB raises rates by 50 bps, signals at least one more hikeon February 2, 2023 at 4:23 pm
But financial markets immediately interpreted the move as suggesting the tightening cycle might in fact end soon
Tech-Prime-Economic Times Technology and Startups News: Read exclusive Technology and startups analysis stories. Latest IT and Startups company news, updates, analysis, announcements and more on ETPrime.
- Small factories won’t do anymore, we need mega ones: Sunil Vachani, founder, Dixon Technologieson February 1, 2023 at 11:00 pm
Improvements in the custom-duty structure; clearances to acquire large swaths of land to build clusters; uninterrupted power supply from grids; ability to design products; and above all, achieving scale — these are some of the measures that can catapult India into the top tier of global manufacturing, says Vachani.
- Bhavish Aggarwal’s new fundraise: Scooter sales picked up, but Ola Electric has a valuation challengeon January 31, 2023 at 10:30 pm
After a tumultuous start, widespread complaints, a fire, and sharp decline in customer interest, the company’s two-wheeler sales are finally picking up. But the exuberance of its founder on Twitter can hardly mask a mounting cost challenge, lingering safety issues, and the deprioritisation of some ambitious plans.
- Three steps India’s ed-tech companies can take to address questions on marketing and ad practiceson January 30, 2023 at 11:15 pm
Marketing and advertising of education, and ed-tech companies in particular, has for long been built on the flimsy foundation of hyperbole, at times extending to outright falsehoods. These companies have tried to tap into parents’ guilt that they may not be doing enough for their kids. Here’s why this must change and how companies should mend their ways.
- Udaan’s tough choices amid scale back, job cuts, and competitionon January 30, 2023 at 10:30 pm
From the market leader of B2B e-commerce, Udaan has become a startup that is striving to wriggle out of a tough spot. While Udaan’s CEO maintains that it is inching towards a public listing, people in the know say that the startup may explore other “strategic options” as well.
- ‘Growth at any cost’ has changed to ‘growth plus showing a path to profit’: Icertis CEO Samir Bodason January 29, 2023 at 11:00 pm
The jitters of an impending economic downturn have altered the capital-market requirements for performance, especially for startups like Icertis, which are looking towards an IPO in the near term. In such circumstances, the only way to become profitable while keeping revenue up is to make sure that costs don’t grow as fast as revenue, adds Bodas in a detailed interview.
Economic Times The Economic Times: Latest business, finance, markets, stocks, company news from India.
- US labour market seen cooling, but not nearly enough for Fedon February 2, 2023 at 5:49 pm
While the payrolls gain would be the smallest advance in just over two years, it illustrates resilient labor demand that favors a soft landing for the economy as long as inflation keeps slowing.
- German trade surplus shrinks on Ukraine, energy crisison February 2, 2023 at 5:41 pm
Germany exported goods to the value of 1.56 trillion euros ($1.7 trillion), up 14 percent on a year earlier, federal statistics agency Destatis said in seasonally adjusted figures. But imports rose by more than 24 percent to 1.48 trillion euros, resulting in a trade surplus of 76 billion euros.
- India ‘fairly’ confident of cutting fiscal deficit to 4.5% of GDP in 3 years: Oficialon February 2, 2023 at 4:52 pm
On Wednesday, the government in its 2023/24 budget set a fiscal deficit target of 5.9% of gross domestic product for the coming financial year, down from the current year’s target of 6.4% of GDP. India’s fiscal year starts on April 1.
- Competition Commission set to invoke ‘doctrine of necessity’ principle to examine M&A dealson February 2, 2023 at 4:19 pm
Currently, the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has only two members and the post of Chairperson is vacant since Ashok Kumar Gupta retired on October 25, 2022. For examining mergers and acquisitions, also known as combinations in the CCI parlance, the fair trade regulator needs a quorum of three members. Since there is a lack of quorum, many deals are awaiting approvals.
- US stocks open higher on Meta surge, Fed reliefon February 2, 2023 at 2:47 pm
The Nasdaq Composite gained 248.83 points, or 2.11%, to 12,065.15 at the opening bell
- Govt wants to eventually move to exemption-free income tax regime with lower taxes: Revenue Secretaryon February 2, 2023 at 2:01 pm
The Budget has proposed changes to the new optional tax regime which provides that no tax would be levied on people with annual income of up to Rs 7 lakh. It also allowed taxpayers to claim standard deduction of Rs 50,000 under the new regime — a move seen as a push for the salaried class to switch to the new tax regime where no exemptions on investments are provided.
- Berger Paints Q3 Results: Net profit declines 21% YoY to Rs 201.17 cr; revenue rises 6%on February 2, 2023 at 11:52 am
The company’s EBITDA for the quarter was Rs 349.65 crore as against Rs 392.11 crore in the corresponding quarter of last year, representing a decline of 10.83%
- Dabur Q3 Results: Net profit falls 5% YoY to Rs 476 crore, revenue rises 3%on February 2, 2023 at 10:11 am
The revenue has crossed the Rs 3,000-crore mark for the time in a quarter, the company says
- Titan Q3 Results: Net profit falls 4% YoY to Rs 951 cr, misses estimateson February 2, 2023 at 9:34 am
Sales during the quarter rose 11% to Rs 10,444 crore, compared with Rs 9,381 crore in the same quarter last year
- How Budget 2023 will impact these 14 Sensex stockson February 2, 2023 at 8:17 am
These 14 Sensex stocks set to benefit from Budget 2023. >> For more such web stories click on the ET icon below
Tech-Economic Times Tech News: Latest Technology News and Daily Updates on ET Tech by The Economic Times. Get trending tech news, social media platform updates, new app launches, software updates, internet security, companies funding & other technology products updates from India and around the world.
- Freightify raises $12 million in funding from Sequoia Capital India, otherson February 2, 2023 at 3:59 pm
The company had previously raised $2.5 million in funding, bringing the total to $14.5 million raised so far.
- Unicorn ed-tech firm Byju’s lays off at least 1,000 more employees across various functionson February 2, 2023 at 3:58 pm
- Unacademy cancels cash appraisals; staffers will be rewarded with stock optionson February 2, 2023 at 3:58 pm
Unacademy’s cofounder and CEO Gaurav Munjal on Thursday told employees that appraisals for the financial year ended March 2023 stand canceled, as the edtech startup focuses on turning profitable amid an overall tightening in funding and a demand slump for online education.
- UPI for NRIs: Praveena Rai of NPCI speaks about the development, responseon February 2, 2023 at 2:41 pm
- Recognised startups not to face impact of proposed changes in income tax laws: DPIIT secretaryon February 2, 2023 at 2:34 pm
Anurag Jain said that companies or startups which are not recognised by DPIIT would be covered under the proposed amendments to Section 56 (2) of the Income Tax Act.
Telecom + OTT-Prime-Economic Times Telecom and OTT News: Read exclusive Telecom and OTT analysis stories. Latest Telecom news, OTT latest updates, announcements, new plans, launches and more on ETPrime.
- Backstage warriors: the journey of antennas and what it means for 5G networks and beyondon December 21, 2022 at 10:45 pm
Antennas are an indispensable part of any wireless communications system. This piece of hardware witnessed an incredible evolution over the last century. Today, we have antennas of all forms, factors and sizes. In this article, ET Prime traces the great journey of antennas and what lies ahead.
- Localisation, R&D, cost savings: why telecom PLI can make India a design and manufacturing hubon December 7, 2022 at 12:30 am
The telecom PLI scheme is aimed at enhancing India’s domestic manufacturing capability. With the additional incentive for design-led manufacturing, the scheme has the potential to make the country a global giant in telecom infrastructure.
- FIFA World Cup 2022: How JioCinema is manoeuvring its live streaming game after a fumbleon December 1, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Indian football fans were disappointed by JioCinema’s live streaming on the first day of the tournament. What went wrong and how did they fix it?
- From KBC to Scam 1992: How Sameer Nair’s trendsetting content is garnering audience applauseon September 15, 2022 at 10:30 pm
Associated with Kaun Banega Crorepati and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Sameer Nair is the man behind boosting Star TV’s standing in the Indian television market. His OTT journey is equally thrilling, with a massive success like Scam 1992. He knows his audience and the content that works. But will it be an easy play with evolving times?
- The private 5G dilemma: Should Airtel, Jio, Vi get worried or exploit emerging opportunities?on August 2, 2022 at 6:31 pm
5G protocols allow feasibility for private networks or Captive Non-Public Networks (CNPN) that can be utilised by enterprises as their own isolated networks. Indian telcos have raised concerns earlier that allocating spectrum to enterprises for CNPN would dilute the case for spectrum auction prices. But practices from outside India, where 5G exists already, portray a different reality.
Cryptocurrency-Markets-Economic Times Crypto Price Today LIVE: Check Crypto Prices Today, Crypto coins price chart by ET Markets. Discover Crypto currency latest price trends, recent Crypto price changes updates, Crypto recent updates, videos, and more.
- Bitcoin ETFs: Enter the world of cryptos without actually owning iton September 20, 2022 at 9:31 am
Bitcoin ETFs are actively traded on the New York Stock Exchange Acra network. Investors can buy BITO shares through a brokerage or directly from ProShares. BITO is the largest actively managed Bitcoin ETFs so far.
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What is Ethereum and how is it different from Bitcoin?on August 3, 2022 at 9:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What makes bitcoin the go-to crypto for every investor?on August 2, 2022 at 9:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | Everything you want to know about the metaverseon August 1, 2022 at 8:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What is decentralized finance (Defi)?on July 29, 2022 at 8:30 am
- Podcast: India’s Best Employerson August 2, 2019 at 9:54 am
What makes a company a good place to work at? A look at the 16 companies in India that go beyond the buzzwords Read more
- Podcast: How Sequoia became India’s largest VC firmon July 19, 2019 at 9:52 am
Cover story author Sayan Chakrabarthy got an exclusive peek into how the firm joined an elite bunch, with the ability to write cheques of all sizes Read more
- Jaipur, Indore, Raipur: India’s emerging startup hubson July 5, 2019 at 10:35 am
How Indiaâe™s smaller cities are emerging as a breeding ground for tomorrowâe™s unicorns Read more
- Budget 2019: What you should expecton June 21, 2019 at 9:45 am
Forbes India editor Brian Carvalho assesses what the July Budget session will have in store for industries big and small, farmers and rural India, the public sector and startup ecosystem Read more
- Podcast: Blackstone’s big bet in Indiaon June 7, 2019 at 9:44 am
Cover story author Pooja Sarkar speaks about her deep dive into how the firm magnified its India operations, deploying deployed roughly $10.4 billion across private equity, real estate and tactical opportunities Read more
Small Business Find the top small business news, headlines, and videos about entrepreneurs, venture capital, jobs, start-ups, and more in CNBC’s Small Business section.
- Federal Reserve’s increasing interest rate hikes put Main Street economy ‘dangerously close’ to edge of lending cliffon September 22, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Many small business owners are facing lending costs they’ve never before experienced, just as the economy and consumer demand weakens.
- Small businesses are still desperate for workers even as other companies slow hiringon September 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm
While small business job growth is slowing, it’s more because there are not enough workers to hire than business owners pulling back on hiring plans.
- Secret Service returns $286 million in fraudulent pandemic loans to the Small Business Administrationon August 29, 2022 at 3:15 pm
The Economic Injury Disaster loans returned to the Small Business Administration were obtained using fabricated information and stolen identities.
- The rent crisis on Main Street just took a turn for the worseon August 27, 2022 at 5:42 pm
The percentage of small business owners who said they could not make rent in August hit a record level for 2022, and hasn’t been this high since peak Covid.
- After a year-long dip, American consumer spending power will be back in 2023on August 23, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Household cash flow has been declining, but consumer income will begin to grow after the holidays, making a recession less likely, according to Goldman Sachs.
Business News Latest headlines for business news around the world.
- Robert Kraft wants Tom Brady to retire with the Patriotson February 2, 2023 at 6:07 pm
Robert Kraft wants Tom Brady to officially end his NFL career with the Patriots, the team that drafted him 23 years ago.
- Ford is set to report results after the bell. Here’s what Wall Street expectson February 2, 2023 at 5:46 pm
The automotive industry’s earnings and forecasts are being closely watched by Wall Street for any signs of weakening consumer demand.
- Stocks making the biggest moves midday: Meta, Align Technology, Coinbase, Eli Lilly and moreon February 2, 2023 at 5:37 pm
These are the stocks posting the largest moves in midday trading.
- Ferrari’s profits jump 13% in 2022, supercar maker expects an even better year in 2023on February 2, 2023 at 5:20 pm
Ferrari guided to an even stronger year in 2023, boosted by its high-priced sports cars like the Daytona SP3 and the upcoming Purosangue SUV.
- Bank of England chief tempers talk of a pause or pivot in rate hikeson February 2, 2023 at 5:17 pm
The Bank of England governor on Thursday talked down expectations that it is readying to pause or pivot rate hikes, noting that there is still some way to go in taming inflation.
Investing Expert Analysis, Investment Tools, Stock Screeners, and Financial Strategy Information.
- Gautam Adani calls off $2.5 billion equity sale as regulatory concerns growon February 2, 2023 at 1:43 am
Shares of Adani Enterprise were routed in the aftermath of a report from short seller Hindenburg Research
- Robots could surpass workers at Amazon by 2030, Cathie Wood sayson February 1, 2023 at 1:49 pm
The Ark Invest portfolio manager said on “Squawk Box” that Amazon’s number of robot workers is set to grow dramatically this decade.
- Silvergate Capital shares jump after BlackRock reports increased stake in the crypto bankon January 31, 2023 at 9:31 pm
Silvergate Capital jumped on Tuesday afternoon after BlackRock reported a 7% stake in the crypto bank.
- Top Wall Street analysts like these stocks for maximum returnson January 29, 2023 at 12:26 pm
TipRanks analyst ranking service pinpoints Wall Street’s best-performing stocks, including Meta and Alphabet
- Op-ed: Salesforce appoints ValueAct’s Morfit to its board and a proxy fight may loom aheadon January 27, 2023 at 9:16 pm
Salesforce is appointing three new directors to its board, including ValueAct’s Mason Morfit.
Personal Finance Find personal finance top news, headlines, and videos from credit cards, mortgages, retirement, savings, taxes, and more from CNBC’s Personal Finance section.
- Roughly 70% of taxpayers are eligible for IRS Free File, but only 2% used it in 2022on February 2, 2023 at 4:03 pm
Roughly 70% of Americans qualify for IRS Free File, but only 2% of taxpayers used it in 2022. Here’s what to know to file your federal return for free.
- How to protect yourself from tax fraud and scams, according to cybersecurity expertson February 2, 2023 at 1:30 pm
Fraud costs Americans billions of dollars each year, and tax season is a time when phone, email and text scams, including IRS agent impersonation, all rise.
- States have $70 billion in unclaimed assets. How to check if any is yourson February 1, 2023 at 9:08 pm
The types of assets that end up being ‘unclaimed property’ held by states range from dormant checking accounts to unpaid life insurance benefits.
- 2022 was the ‘real year of the Great Resignation,’ says economiston February 1, 2023 at 8:04 pm
A record 50.5 million people quit their jobs in 2022, breaking the previous high set in 2021 as ample job prospects and high pay lured them elsewhere.
- Here’s what the Federal Reserve’s 25 basis point interest rate hike means for your moneyon February 1, 2023 at 7:42 pm
Everything from mortgages and credit cards to student and car loans will be affected by the latest rate hike from the Federal Reserve.