Markets-Economic Times Share Market Today | Share Market Live updates: Get all the Latest Share Market News and Updates on The Economic Times. Share Market Live Charts, News, Analysis, IPO News and more.
- Indian crypto exchange WazirX fires 40% of staff: Reporton October 2, 2022 at 1:16 pm
A total of 50 to 70 employees of the 150 workers at the exchange were asked to go, CoinDesk reported, citing sources. The laid-off employees were informed on Friday that they would be paid for 45 days and that they would no longer be needed to report for work. “The crypto market has been in the grip of a bear market because of the current global economic slowdown,” WazirX was quoted as saying in a statement.
- ETMarkets Trade Talk: How this Delhi derivatives trader bounced back with a bang after Rs 4-cr losson October 2, 2022 at 10:57 am
“Discretionary trading should not be done with a job. Secondly, you should have at least one or one-and-a-half years worth of expenses saved separately so that even if you blow your account, your lifestyle doesn’t get affected to the extent that things go for a toss. I strongly believe people who are in jobs should do more of investing. That is a much more peaceful and less riskier work if they study well rather than getting into trading.”
- Ahead of Market: 10 things that will decide stock action on Mondayon October 2, 2022 at 10:51 am
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed below 29,000 for the first time since November 2020. The index fell 500.10 points, or 1.71%, to 28,725.51. The Nasdaq Composite was 1.51% lower, ending the day at 10,575.62. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 was down 1.51% on Friday, falling to 3,585.62. The index closed out its worst month since March 2020. For September, the Dow tumbled 8.8%, while the S&P 500 fell 9.3%. The Nasdaq lost 10.5%.
- Market Trading Guide: Godrej Properties and Federal Bank among 4 stock recommendations for Mondayon October 2, 2022 at 9:31 am
Indian equity indices snapped their losing streak on Friday as the markets posted gains after seven consecutive days of correction. According to Mehul Kothari of Anand Rathi “Now at this point in time, we are witnessing a bullish engulfing candlestick pattern. Nifty has potential to go towards 17,300/17450 and that would be a deciding zone,” said.
- Weekly Options Strategy: A close above 39,000 would be important for any short covering move on Bank Niftyon October 2, 2022 at 9:14 am
Due to elevated bond yields and depreciation in INR, we don’t expect any major outperformance and the index should perform in line with Nifty. However, at the start of the October series, the index has moved near to its Call base of 39000 and a close above 39000 would be important for any short covering move.
- 10 smallcap stocks that rallied up to 64% in Septemberon October 2, 2022 at 7:57 am
Tech-Prime-Economic Times Technology and Startups News: Read exclusive Technology and startups analysis stories. Latest IT and Startups company news, updates, analysis, announcements and more on ETPrime.
- Big Billion push: Flipkart has many firsts this festive season. Some hit the mark, others the sellerson September 28, 2022 at 10:30 pm
Flipkart has introduced several new features and sales strategies this festive season. But some sellers complain that the company, which is generally gung-ho during this period, has gone hyper-aggressive this time.
- Inside the heated fight against facial-recognition scamson September 27, 2022 at 11:30 pm
Facial recognition has been increasingly adopted by payment providers and banks as an additional identity-verification method for online transactions. However, the biometric technology is in the crosshairs of fraudsters, with a rising number of scams exposing its vulnerabilities. Industry insiders say the cases reflect the challenge facing institutions in staying ahead of criminals.
- Seven unicorns: how Bessemer Venture Partners’ India roadmap evolved over a decadeon September 25, 2022 at 6:30 pm
The India arm of the Silicon Valley venture-capital firm started off its consumer-Internet play with marketplace bets, moved on to vertical commerce, and then to the direct-to-consumer segment. Along the way, it stumbled on fintech SaaS and how. How has Bessemer built its India portfolio, and what is the road ahead?
- Ant Group rebuilds for regulators, but at what cost?on September 21, 2022 at 11:30 pm
While the authorities have remained tight-lipped about Ant, the impact of its restructuring is clear for all to see. With its highly lucrative consumer lending business decoupled from ubiquitous payments service Alipay and moving into a consumer finance subsidiary, the company’s earnings and valuation have tumbled.
- Zuckerberg’s metamorphosis: how the ad push by Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram is impacting Indiaon September 21, 2022 at 10:30 pm
Meta has been focusing on monetisation after suffering a massive stock market crash in February this year that shaved USD230 billion off its market cap. Being the company’s biggest market by user numbers, India is at the centre of the morphing that Meta is undergoing
Economic Times The Economic Times: Latest business, finance, markets, stocks, company news from India.
- India’s spice exports see uptick as supply-chain bottlenecks ease, Covid pandemic waneson October 2, 2022 at 4:13 pm
“The export market had slowed down in the first five months of FY23. But now it has started picking up and we are bullish that this trend will continue over the remaining period of the fiscal year,” said Ramkumar Menon, chairman of the Kochi-based World Spice Organisation (WSO).
- How effective are market regulations in controlling manipulations through Twitteron October 2, 2022 at 7:15 am
The dramatic twists and turns of negotiating a corporate deal, which are typically confined to the boardrooms, were played out for the world at large, with Musk never shying away from expressing his views on the micro-blogging platform he wished to acquire.
- Navratri Special from Religare Broking: Godrej Consumer Products is a long-term buy; likely to hit Rs 1,100 markon October 2, 2022 at 6:40 am
Godrej Consumer Products (GCPL) is part of the 124-year-young Godrej Group. The company operates under categories such as household insecticides, personal wash, hair care and air care.They have a strong presence in 3 emerging markets such as Asia, Africa, and Latin America and serves nearly 1.2bn consumers.
- FII flows, dollar index among key factors to dictate market move this weekon October 2, 2022 at 6:09 am
Domestic macro data will influence the trajectory of Indian equities. Gross revenue from goods and services tax (GST) in September logged 26% growth YoY, surging to Rs 1,47,686 crore. Also, the manufacturing PMI and services PMI for September due to be released on October 3 and October 6, will have a bearing on the markets.
- Credit Suisse at ‘critical moment’ as bank prepares for latest overhaul: CEOon October 2, 2022 at 5:43 am
In the second carefully-worded memo sent to reassure staff in as many weeks, Koerner told employees not to confuse the “day-to-day” stock price performance with the Swiss firm’s “strong capital base and liquidity position.” The shares are hovering near a record low. Koerner asked staff to remain disciplined and close to clients despite all the media attention the bank is receiving.
- Govt issues draft guidelines for listing of RRBs; minimum net worth of Rs 300 cr requiredon October 2, 2022 at 5:31 am
The RRBs should have a track record of profitability and earned operating profit of minimum Rs 15 crore for at least three out of the previous five years, according to the draft guidelines issued by the finance ministry recently.Besides, there should not be any accumulated loss and the lender should have given return on equity of minimum 10 per cent in three out of the preceding five years, it said.
- China’s $5 trillion rout creates historic gap with Indian stockson October 2, 2022 at 4:07 am
Market veteran Mark Mobius has allocated a higher weight to India than China since the start of this year. Jupiter Asset Management says some of its emerging-market funds have India as their largest holding. M&G Investments (Singapore) Pte has made a “greater allocation” to India in 2022. India’s expanding domestic market means the country can weather a looming global recession better than most other emerging markets, money managers say.
- China’s Covid sneeze: Beijing is buying less from India and selling moreon October 1, 2022 at 7:17 pm
The January-August 2022 trade data confirms this trend. China’s share in India’s exports has come down from 6.5% in January-August 2021 to 3.5% in January-August 2022. Its share in India’s imports remains broadly the same at about 15%.
- NCLT disposed of insolvency cases involving nearly Rs 10.5 lakh crore: Justice Ramalingam Sudhakaron October 1, 2022 at 3:15 pm
The amount was mentioned by tribunal’s President Chief Justice (Retd) Ramalingam Sudhakar while delivering the sixth annual day lecture of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI). Under Sections 7, 9 and 10 of IBC, 25,225 cases involving a total amount of Rs 10,49,264 crore have been disposed of, he said.
- Inflation at manageable level: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharamanon October 1, 2022 at 2:18 pm
The comments by the finance minister came a day after RBI hiked interest rate by 50 basis points in a bid to bring inflation to its comfort zone and in line with aggressive policy tightening by key global central banks. The third straight hike took the overall increase in the federal fund rates by 190 bps to 5.90 per cent – the highest since April 2019.
Tech-Economic Times Tech News: Latest Technology News and Daily Updates on ET Tech by The Economic Times. Get trending tech news, social media platform updates, new app launches, software updates, internet security, companies funding & other technology products updates from India and around the world.
- Indian crypto exchange WazirX fires 40% of staff: reporton October 2, 2022 at 2:30 pm
Amid the current global economic slowdown, crypto exchange WazirX has reportedly laid off 40 per cent of its total workforce.
- Stellantis boss expects chip supply to remain ‘complicated’ until end 2023on October 2, 2022 at 11:43 am
“The situation will remain very complicated until the end of 2023, then will ease a little,” said Tavares, adding that “semiconductor manufacturers have an interest in making business with us again, especially as they’re raising prices”.
- Russia blocks SoundCloud citing spread of “false information”: reporton October 2, 2022 at 11:35 am
Russia has battled big tech companies to control the flow of information after it sent troops to Ukraine on Feb. 24, slowing Twitter’s service and banning Meta’s Facebook and Instagram.
- MediaTek, Invendis join hands for 5G, Wi-Fi router solutionson October 2, 2022 at 9:00 am
Chip maker MediaTek and Aglobal leader in IoT platforms and cloud computing solutions on Sunday announced a strategic collaboration to roll out 5G and Wi-Fi router solutions.
- iPhone 6 added to list of vintage products by Appleon October 2, 2022 at 6:44 am
Tech giant Apple has added the iPhone 6, launched in 2014, to its list of vintage products.
Telecom + OTT-Prime-Economic Times Telecom and OTT News: Read exclusive Telecom and OTT analysis stories. Latest Telecom news, OTT latest updates, announcements, new plans, launches and more on ETPrime.
- From KBC to Scam 1992: How Sameer Nair’s trendsetting content is garnering audience applauseon September 15, 2022 at 10:30 pm
Associated with Kaun Banega Crorepati and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, Sameer Nair is the man behind boosting Star TV’s standing in the Indian television market. His OTT journey is equally thrilling, with a massive success like Scam 1992. He knows his audience and the content that works. But will it be an easy play with evolving times?
- The private 5G dilemma: Should Airtel, Jio, Vi get worried or exploit emerging opportunities?on August 2, 2022 at 6:31 pm
5G protocols allow feasibility for private networks or Captive Non-Public Networks (CNPN) that can be utilised by enterprises as their own isolated networks. Indian telcos have raised concerns earlier that allocating spectrum to enterprises for CNPN would dilute the case for spectrum auction prices. But practices from outside India, where 5G exists already, portray a different reality.
- Why Airtel, Jio, and Vi are wary of Adani’s bid for 5G spectrum in the auction next weekon July 20, 2022 at 6:30 am
With about 40% of 5G revenue coming from the enterprise segment, the telcos are concerned about direct allocation of spectrum to enterprises for captive use. They are upset that such a move would rob them of a potential big business opportunity. Against this backdrop, what does Adani Group’s bid for spectrum for captive use mean for the telecom business?
- Viacom18 has IPL digital rights. Can Reliance, Uday Shankar’s backing make it a top OTT player?on June 22, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Uday Shankar was instrumental in getting Star India the five-year media rights for IPL. This time, he has managed to acquire tourney’s digital rights for Viacom18. At INR23,758 crore, the investment is massive for Viacom18 – a relatively new player in the OTT subscription space. Will Shankar and Reliance succeed in getting the platform viewers and returns?
- Telcos want 5G captive networks to be ‘private’. The government differs. Is there a common ground?on June 16, 2022 at 6:30 pm
The likes of Airtel, Jio, and Vi are upset over the government’s plan to directly allocate spectrum to enterprises for 5G private networks. While they argue that such a move would rob telcos of a business opportunity, enterprises and tech companies say it is a forward-looking approach. Here’s how to make sense of the different perspectives.
Cryptocurrency-Markets-Economic Times Crypto Price Today LIVE: Check Crypto Prices Today, Crypto coins price chart by ET Markets. Discover Crypto currency latest price trends, recent Crypto price changes updates, Crypto recent updates, videos, and more.
- Bitcoin ETFs: Enter the world of cryptos without actually owning iton September 20, 2022 at 9:31 am
Bitcoin ETFs are actively traded on the New York Stock Exchange Acra network. Investors can buy BITO shares through a brokerage or directly from ProShares. BITO is the largest actively managed Bitcoin ETFs so far.
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What is Ethereum and how is it different from Bitcoin?on August 3, 2022 at 9:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What makes bitcoin the go-to crypto for every investor?on August 2, 2022 at 9:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | Everything you want to know about the metaverseon August 1, 2022 at 8:30 am
- ETMarkets Crypto Q&A | What is decentralized finance (Defi)?on July 29, 2022 at 8:30 am
Forbes India Audio Feed Forbes India, in association with TheIndicast.com, brings you big-picture analyses by the journalists behind the Forbes India magazine. Listen to incisive reports on what went into developing the cover story of the fortnight, and insights on what this means for India’s vibrant business landscape in context.
- Instagram testing new ‘Collab’ in India; Clubhouse no longer invite-only; and Ajit Narayanan on AI in healthcare at Mfineon July 22, 2021 at 9:34 am
Instagram is testing a new feature ‘Collab’ with creators in the UK and India to help them increase audience reach. Wipro announced new partnership with Celonis, an execution management company. Byju’s, one of the world’s biggest EdTech companies, has acquired Epic Creations for $500 million. And in our tech conversation, CTO Ajit Narayanan talks about bringing AI to consumers at online healthcare services company Mfine Read more
- Unpacking untold stories of India’s banking ecosystem, with Tamal Bandyopadhyayon July 21, 2021 at 4:26 pm
‘Pandemonium’ by veteran banking editor Tamal Bandyopadhyay narrates untold gripping stories from the Indian banking ecosystem. From the bad loans war room created far from the Mint street in Mumbai, to the arrests made in connection to the disbursal of such loans, he breaks down the nuances of bad loans in India, the key faces, and a collection of rare interviews of all the Reserve Bank of India governors on what they think has caused the big banking mess Read more
- ‘Best day ever’, Jeff Bezos after space flight; Swiggy raises $1.25 bn; and Sandeep Nailwal explains the basics of Polygon (Part 2)on July 21, 2021 at 10:16 am
Amazon’s founder Jeff Bezos said it was his ‘best day ever’ on Tuesday, after he made a historic sub-orbital flight to space in a capsule, carried by a rocketâe”both built by his company Blue Origin. This was 21-year-old Blue Origin’s first human space flight. Swiggy raises $1.25 billion to go beyond food delivery. And in our tech conversation, part 2 of a chat with Sandeep Nailwal on the basics of Polygon’s blockchain for Ethereum Read more
- Inside Reliance Industries’ gala renewable playon July 20, 2021 at 11:38 am
With Rs 75,000 capex play, Reliance Industries is planning to give green energy its Jio moment—the move has the potential to make RIL the largest green energy business in India, Samar Srivastava, cover story author gives a peek into the cover story Read more
- HCL’s Shiv Nadar steps down; Pegasus can hack iPhones with no clicks; and Sandeep Nailwal explains Polygon’s basics (Part 1)on July 20, 2021 at 10:04 am
HCL Technologies founder Shiv Nadar has stepped down from his position as chief strategy officer and managing director, India’s third biggest IT services company told the stock exchanges on Monday. The company has named Nadar as chairman emeritus and strategic advisor. CEO C Vijayakumar has been named managing director as well, for a term five years. In today’s tech conversation, Sandeep Nailwal, co-founder of Polygon, explains the basics of the rising blockchain protocol Read more
Small Business Find the top small business news, headlines, and videos about entrepreneurs, venture capital, jobs, start-ups, and more in CNBC’s Small Business section.
- Federal Reserve’s increasing interest rate hikes put Main Street economy ‘dangerously close’ to edge of lending cliffon September 22, 2022 at 12:39 pm
Many small business owners are facing lending costs they’ve never before experienced, just as the economy and consumer demand weakens.
- Small businesses are still desperate for workers even as other companies slow hiringon September 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm
While small business job growth is slowing, it’s more because there are not enough workers to hire than business owners pulling back on hiring plans.
- Secret Service returns $286 million in fraudulent pandemic loans to the Small Business Administrationon August 29, 2022 at 3:15 pm
The Economic Injury Disaster loans returned to the Small Business Administration were obtained using fabricated information and stolen identities.
- The rent crisis on Main Street just took a turn for the worseon August 27, 2022 at 5:42 pm
The percentage of small business owners who said they could not make rent in August hit a record level for 2022, and hasn’t been this high since peak Covid.
- After a year-long dip, American consumer spending power will be back in 2023on August 23, 2022 at 1:44 pm
Household cash flow has been declining, but consumer income will begin to grow after the holidays, making a recession less likely, according to Goldman Sachs.
Business News Latest headlines for business news around the world.
- Search and rescue efforts underway in Florida after ‘catastrophic’ hurricaneon October 2, 2022 at 3:01 pm
Search and rescue efforts are underway in Florida after a devastating Category 4 hurricane made landfall Wednesday.
- Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda talks about why he isn’t all-in on EVs — and what made him do a ‘happy dance’on October 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Akio Toyoda said last week he would like his legacy to be “I love cars.” But how he will be remembered for all-electric vehicles is still being determined.
- Who needs another subscription service? Walmart is betting its millions of customers doon October 2, 2022 at 12:00 pm
Walmart+ members tend to be more affluent than the average Walmart shopper, but 1 in 4 members receives government-provided food assistance.
- Dodge tries to convert its muscle car fans from V-8 engine to EVon October 1, 2022 at 9:10 pm
Dodge has built a reputation over the last decade as a maker of muscle cars and performance cars. Now it is trying to hold on to that image in an electric era.
- Here’s how a recession could hurt – or help – unions at big companies like Starbucks and Amazonon October 1, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Working conditions during the pandemic pushed many workers to organize — but fears about a potential recession could curb the union boom.
Investing Expert Analysis, Investment Tools, Stock Screeners, and Financial Strategy Information.
- Top Wall Street analysts name the best stocks to ride a market downcycleon October 2, 2022 at 1:04 pm
TipRanks analyst ranking service pinpoints Wall Street’s best-performing stocks, including Alphabet & GXO Logistics.
- Activist Jana prepares to bring star nominees to Freshpet’s board. Here’s how it may create valueon October 1, 2022 at 12:55 pm
Dwyane Wade and CC Sabathia are among the names activist investor Jana is putting forward for nomination to Freshpet’s board.
- ESG without returns is ‘simply not sustainable,’ says investor Lauren Taylor Wolfeon September 28, 2022 at 10:21 pm
Sustainable investing broadly has come under fire due to varied definitions and diverging financial performance. Three experts share their industry view.
- Pimco’s Ivascyn sees a mild recession ahead and several investing opportunitieson September 28, 2022 at 4:16 pm
The U.S. is likely headed toward a “fairly mild recession” due to strong fundamentals, according to Pimco bond expert Dan Ivascyn.
- Top Wall Street analysts name their best stock ideas to ride out the market turbulenceon September 25, 2022 at 1:30 pm
TipRanks analyst ranking service pinpoints Wall Street’s best-performing stocks, including Caterpillar & Salesforce.
Personal Finance Find personal finance top news, headlines, and videos from credit cards, mortgages, retirement, savings, taxes, and more from CNBC’s Personal Finance section.
- Some seniors make this costly Medicare enrollment mistake. A bipartisan bill looks to fix iton October 2, 2022 at 1:00 pm
For older adults who leave their job but stay on their employer health plan under COBRA coverage, the end result can be late enrollment penalties for Medicare.
- Americans are suffering from ‘recession fatigue,’ report findson October 1, 2022 at 12:30 pm
After more than two years of economic uncertainty, some adults are finding it hard to stay financially disciplined ahead of a possible recession.
- Dishonesty around money could be a relationship killer, couples say. Here’s what successful partners do differentlyon September 30, 2022 at 6:30 pm
Secrecy or dishonesty around money could be a relationship killer, a new survey finds. Plus, couples who manage money best are talking about it at least weekly.
- These are the best ways to give to charity for the ‘vast majority of people.’ Here’s how to pick the most tax-efficient strategyon September 30, 2022 at 6:20 pm
If you’re planning a charitable gift for 2022, here’s how to decide on the most tax-efficient strategy.
- Arizona attorney general calls student loan forgiveness ‘unconstitutional’ in legal challenge to Biden’s planon September 30, 2022 at 4:57 pm
Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich has brought a legal challenge against the Biden administration’s sweeping student loan forgiveness plan.